This is one of my favorite salads, but I hadn’t tried to make it before. It’s pretty simple, not much of a recipe!
Here’s what’s in it:
- Hard-boiled egg (one for each salad)
- Potatoes (I used Yukon Golds, peeled, sliced, and boiled until tender)
- Green beans, steamed or blanched until just tender
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Canned anchovies (I split one can between two salads…you probably don’t need that much)
- Kalamata or Niçoise olives (you could really use any olives. I just like Kalamata olives…they’re certainly not traditional! I like pitting the olives so it’s less work to eat, though usually if you’re served this salad the olives will have pits.)
- Tuna fillet (I cut a small piece horizontally so it was pretty thin, brushed with olive oil, and broiled until done. (just a few minutes, it goes quick!) You could also grill it or even use canned tuna.
- Greens of choice; I think this was a spring mix or something.
- Your favorite vinaigrette. I just shook together a little mustard, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar together in a Tupperware thingie.