Pasta with crab, lemon, and fried capers
Pasta with Crab, Lemon, & Fried Capers
Just made this pasta tonight to use up some of the giant bag of snow crab legs that Harris Teeter puts on super sale now and again. This is a recipe found on Pinterest originally, and it was definitely a winner! It’s pretty simple. The original recipe has you frying lemons, which I found to be a bit fiddly, to burn easily, and to be too chewy, so I have left them out of my version below. I also decreased the amount of oil called for. Find the original recipe here.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- About ½ pound (8 ounces) lump crab meat (or the meat from a couple of snow crab clusters)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- Dried chili flakes, to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- About 2 tablespoons capers, drained and mashed a little
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil for the sauce plus more for frying the lemons and capers.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Sauté capers for just a minute in a little olive oil until fragrant; set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
- Start spaghetti boiling.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet; sauté garlic and chili flakes for a minute, then add wine, lemon juice and zest and bring to a boil; add parsley and crab and reduce heat to low until pasta is done.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss; serve topped with capers.